How do I archive my iPhone backup in iTunes?
How to make an archived backup of your iPhone or iPad
- Click on Manage Backups in the same Finder (or iTunes) window that you backed up your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the backup you want to archive. This should be the most current backup.
- Right-click or Control + click on the backup. …
- Click on Archive.
- Click on OK.
What is archive iPhone backup?
Archiving a backup essentially locks that backup so that it is not overwritten by subsequent device backups made to iTunes. Again, iCloud has no impact on backups in iTunes. You can backup to both iCloud and iTunes if desired.
How do I export my backup from iTunes?
Export and save a backup with iTunes File Sharing
- Go to Options* in the bottom toolbar.
- Go to Backup > Export Backup.
- Find the file you want to export in the list. You may need to scroll down. …
- In the menu that pops up, select Export to iTunes.
- Wait until you see a “Successfully Exported to iTunes” message, then tap OK.
Why do I need to archive an iOS backup?
An archived iTunes backup is essential because it saves the current state of your iOS device and prevents it from being accidentally overwritten by subsequent backups. Apple recommends all public beta testers create an archived backup before installing a beta in case something goes wrong and a restore is needed.
How do I archive my iPhone backup 2021?
From the Finder Sidebar, click on your iPhone name and Trust if asked. Click Back Up Now and let it complete. Once the back up completes, click Manage Backups. Right-click on today’s backup file and choose Archive.
How do I restore an archived iPhone backup?
- Open iTunes on your PC.
- Connect your device using a USB cable.
- If you see a message asking for your device passcode or Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in the Finder window.
- Choose Restore Backup.
- Select the most recent backup.
- Click Restore.
Where is iTunes backup saved Windows 10?
Under Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10 iTunes will store backups in Users[USERNAME]AppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup . The Microsoft Store version of iTunes stores its backups in Users[USERNAME]AppleMobileSyncBackup .
Does iCloud archive backups?
When restoring an item we always recommend having a backup of your current data before you proceed. However, iCloud will make an archive of the current state of your Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders before it restores a backup.
Where are iPhone backups saved windows?
Windows. On Windows, your backups are stored in *your user account data folder*Application DataApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup .
How do I export my iPhone backup?
How to transfer data from your old iPhone to a new one with iCloud
- Connect your old iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap [your name] ; iCloud.
- Select iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now.
- Wait until the backup process completes.
Where is iTunes backup stored?
Once in the Appdata folder double-click the “Apple” folder and then “Apple Computer” and “MobileSync” and finally go to the “Backup” folder and you’ll find all your iTunes backups.
How can I copy my iPhone backup?
Duplicating an iPhone / iOS Backup the Easy Way
- Open iTunes and go to “Preferences”
- Choose the “Devices” tab to see a list of current iOS Backups on the computer.
- Select the backup you want to make a copy of and right-click it, choosing “Show in Finder”
Where are archived backups stored on Mac?
Search for the backup folder on your Mac
To find a list of your backups: Click the magnifier in the menu bar. Type or copy and paste this: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ Press Return.
How do I archive photos on iPhone?
Move images to archive
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google Photos app .
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Select a photo.
- Tap More. Move to Archive.
- Optional: To find any photos that you’ve archived from your Photos view, in the Google Photos app , at the bottom, tap Library. Archive.
How do you archive on iPad?
Do one of the following: If you selected one message: Click. at the top right, then click Archive Message. If you selected multiple messages: Click Move, then Archive, then click Move.
How do I archive my iPhone contacts?
8 or later: In Contacts, click All Contacts at the top of the Groups list, select all contacts, then choose File ; Export ; Export vCard. Contacts creates one vCard file (. vcf) containing all of the contacts. To export groups together with contacts in a Contacts archive file, choose File ; Export ; Contacts Archive.
How do I backup my iPhone before Beta?
Before you download the beta client, it’s vital that you plug in your iPhone to your laptop or desktop computer and create a backup of your device.
- Plug your iPhone into your Mac.
- Open Finder.
- Look for your iPhone on the left sidebar and click it.
- In the middle of the screen, click Back Up Now.
How long are iPhone backups saved?
When your device is backed up in iCloud, you can easily set up a new device or restore information on one you already have. To let iCloud automatically back up your device, here’s what you need to do. If you disable or stop using iCloud Backup, your last backup is stored for 180 days.
How do I move my iPhone backup to an external hard drive Windows 10?
Connect iPhone to the computer with a USB cable and plug external hard drive into the computer. Step 3. Open Windows File Explorer and then go to C:Users[PC name]AppDataRoamingApple Computer MobileSync. That’s the default location where iTunes saves your iPhone backup on computer.
How do I move my Apple backup to another drive?
By default your backups are located under ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ on your Mac. While you won’t be able to change the default backup location, you can navigate to this folder and move the backup to another folder or external HDD/SSD.
How do I move iTunes backup to another drive Windows 10?
How to Change iTunes Backup Location in Windows 10
- Open File Explorer and Navigate to C:UsersUserNameAppleMobileSync. …
- Right-click on the current iPhone Backup Folder and select the Copy option.
- Go to New MobileSync Folder that you created in the first step and paste the iPhone Backup Folder there.
How do I move files from iPhone to iCloud?
Drag files from either your desktop or a folder window on your computer to the iCloud Drive window. You can also drag your files to a folder icon in the iCloud Drive window. If you drag to a folder icon, it’s highlighted to confirm that the item you’re dragging goes into the folder.
How do I free up storage on my iPhone?
How to clear storage on iPhone
- Clean up your photo library.
- Clear browser cache.
- Clear app cache and other app data.
- Delete attachments in Messages.
- Delete offline content.
How do I find iPhone backup files on Mac?
How to access your iPhone backups on a Mac through iTunes
- To access your backups, simply go to iTunes ; Preferences. Go to your Preferences in iTunes. …
- When the Preferences box pops up, select Devices. …
- Here you’ll see all of your currently stored backups. …
- Select “Show in Finder” and you can copy the backup.
Can you backup iPhone to external hard drive?
The good news is you can actually back up iPhone to an external hard drive without iTunes and iCloud. The tool that you need for that is called AnyTrans for iOS. AnyTrans is a Mac utility that handles connections across iOS, macOS, and AnyDroid for Android devices.
Do iTunes backups save photos?
You should know that iTunes backup includes most of the local data on your iPhone like photos, messages, contacts,call logs, iPhone settings, local files of apps, Keychain data, etc. To save space and time, data that could be downloaded from the server would not be included.
Can I backup my iPhone to my computer?
Back up iPhone using your Windows PC
In the iTunes app on your PC, click the iPhone button near the top left of the iTunes window. Click Summary. Click Back Up Now (below Backups). To encrypt your backups, select “Encrypt local backup,” type a password, then click Set Password.
Does deleting iTunes delete iPhone backups?
When you modify, uninstall, or reinstall iTunes, this folder remains unaffected. Thus, if your uninstall iTunes from your computer, you won’t lose your music library or your iPhone backup.
Frequent Searches Leading to This Page
Archive iphone backup windows, Archive icloud backup, Itunes overwrite old backup, What does archiving an iphone backup do, Itunes backup location windows 10, How to find overwritten iphone backups, Itunes portable library, Split itunes library across drives.